Saturday, July 26, 2008

it is out there

dust and i finally had "the talk". the one where i address all my issues and he listens (or not, but i think he does, so he does a good job at pretending). i had a tough week. i think i have plantar fasciitis ( described earlier), couple that with my job...it is just to much to bear sometimes. he is right i do take my emotions out on him. i just hope he knows that he gets the brunt of all of my happiness as well as my frustration. but i am sure my happiness is interpreted as me "overreacting." while i am not completely sure that our talk will help anything or that it was even good, i no longer feel like divorce is imminent. so that is good.
i also have three and a half tidbits of good news. here is the first--my dear friends are officially going to own their own home. their kids will have a yard, they will have a real garden, they will have next door neighbors (instead of upstairs neighbors), they will have colorful walls, and a new refrigerator... i am so excited for the hott little monsters, i just can't stand it.
my brother also bought a home. i am equally excited for him and his wife and daughter. they will now be in california for at least as long as we will be. it will be nice to be close to my family again. but he will be half an hour further away than before. but that is still closer than 3000 miles. it is so funny because i remember when my brother was born, when he would sleep in my dad's white t shirts--they were so big, and he looked like an angel. looks are deceiving with that one, though, and i look forward to getting to tell that baby emma all the silly stories about her father. starting in one month.
melissa got a job. a real job. i can't say i've ever known melissa to have a proper job. so i am excited for her. she will be moving to the bay area by mid august, now. she was planning on being there by october, but fate has a way of looking out for me, because now she will be there to scope out apartments for dust and claudia and i. i think melissa will love working. she will hate (and i mean HATE) waking up in the am hours, but she will be a success, and that will make up for it.
the half bit of good news comes from the fact that our friend from work, heidi pancake (real name) won some tickets to an amusement park in new hampshire, and gave them to dust and i. i love roller coasters. so i can't wait. i hope it works out. --we'll see.
those are my three and a half tidbits of goods. i hope they are not done. (the goods) lord knows, i need all the help i can get.

No comments: