Sunday, March 16, 2008

they're coming

today was a day of family. talked to both karen and jack on the phone this afternoon. that was really good. it is nice to hear their voices and find out all the farm gossip. karen is looking for a place for dust and i, but i told her the soonest we could be there was april. but i think may may be the soonest because we have tix to hot chip and the red sox. both are in april. so looks like i may be working at the shoe store a little longer. not so bad, though. i get really bored when they go through the training stuff, but i like helping people, and i love being around shoes all day. :) i wrote my grandpa (poppadaddy--to those who got to meet him at the wedding) and dustin's grandma in arizona letters today. i talked to my brother on the phone. and if that weren't a lot of family, my parent's plane just landed and they will be here within the hour. oh, i am just so excited about them coming. it will really make this place feel like home. me working, and showing my parents around. so nice. i just wish i could take the week off to entertain them. but such is life, and they assure me they will be back. so that is good. i am making dinner for us tonight. we are having karen's famous mac and chee, fresh--organic asperagus, and spinach salad with dried cranberries and dried cherries, honey roasted pecans and blue cheese with raspberry vinegrette dressing. not too bad a feast. but then there is dessert. a cup cake a piece. choc with choc for my mom. white cake with chocolate frosting for my dad. pink velvet with cream chee for dust, and white on white for me. ( i know choc/choc is my favorite, but this way we can cut them and try them all.) do you see the big brain on me? it never stops. but i am so excited. it is nice to have time to enjoy all the family stuff. we get to go visit my brother tomorrow, and they will meet the baby. on wednesday, my dad's best friend is coming up from l.a. (unkle bill.) he is fabulous. it has been a while since we saw him, so i am really pumped. i will show as many pictures as i can very soon. we will surely have a few photo ops coming up. what with a baby, an unkle and cupcakes. what more could a girl hope for. love you all, and i will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the fam! And yay for the stand! Looks like it will be a race to see which one of us gets back to VT sooner.