Tuesday, May 20, 2008

my green monster

we are safe back here in the green mountain state. all is fine and dandy except one thing. my green monster is starting to raise it's ugly green head. here in vermont, we overlook a green, green field (where we plan to one day build a home). we are also both making money for the first time since november (green). i should be happy and wonderful. but i keep have dreams where things are getting stolen from me. this has been going on for about a week now. i asked my friend, hott mama what that meant, and she said something in my life was out of control. so i have been thinking and thinking what is out of control, and actually, there a several things out of control in my life. here are a few. i am used to spending long periods of time with my honey. he now has one day off six days on. on his one day off, he likes to spend it playing video games and sleeping. so i am green with envy at all the people throughout the day/weeks that get to hang out with him. i don't feel like i do anymore. i have two days off, but one is fully devoted to chemistry, and that makes me a little ill (green). it is a hard class and things keep happening to make it impossible to do. yesterday, our one day off together, i could have been doing quiet chemistry upstairs while dustin took a nap on the couch, but the power was out. so now computing could be had. i woke him up by sweeping (a job that needed to be done, but only has one day to get done). he was a little sour at me for waking him. i was at a loss, because i was cleaning the house and letting him sleep. stinky. (green). he explained that having tuesdays off was actually like having two days off because i didn't work. this made me angry. (green). i am a little sad now because instead of getting to tell him these things, he is seeing his grandparents, a job he likes, but has to work around his schedule. i know he loves the farm, but i need my honey in my life. i need him functional and happy. six days a weeks is killing me. and while he is working, he is fine, but he falls asleep early most nights. so i don't get to see him , or we have some amazingly crazy plan (this is good because we get to hang out, and we get to be happy) with friends. i am so happy to be surrounded by friends again, but for the first time in years (anti green), i hung out with friends while dust stayed home (green). i guess i just need some quality time with my honey. it will happen. in june.
sniffle, sniffle

1 comment:

Hott Mama said...

It's like Kermit sang, "It's not easy being green..." At least you don't have the "mean reds" like Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's.