Saturday, June 14, 2008

i am a slaker!

i have not been blogging really since we have been back in vermont. i have been busy with school and playing and a little work. just last week i went down to a glorious four day week. now that is the life. this week i get to do the same. i have sunday, monday and tuesday off. it is nice. two days for chemistry, and one day off. tomorrow is father's day. to celebrate, we are having our only friend with children over to the house for a little rock band. we went grocery shopping tonight. we got such staples as cake batter ice cream, goldfish crackers, and pink lemonade. why would we not be sebastian and dorian's favorite? i attempted my first ebay sale this week. sort of a mistake. my ma won my bag for 75$. not all bad because it will be great for her. but i did pay more than 75 for it. but it is my mom, and she will look fabulous with the big navy blue bag. i am missing california right now. less now that we have the food at the farm, but more because i miss the cheap shopping, and our california friends. i am thankful allison and quinn are here. without them, there would be no reason for me to be here other than the fact that i know everyone in town, and dust is so durn happy here. that is nice to see. he falls asleep before he gets bored here. there he would be up until 4 am and then complain of being bored. funny how that works. but i just read on my friend, melissa's blog that she spent the weekend in san fran and ate yummy food and explored fun new areas. we ate mediocre mexican (it was also great) and the chelsea royal diner (not bad). it comes no where near close to finding out what papusas are and eating them for the first time. but when i am back there i will complain about missing allison and quinn, and ultimately they are worth more than most meals to me. we are still working on what to get that stinky jack for father's day. my dad got a new electric toothbrush. i think he will be thrilled. some dads like power tools. not mine. a new electric toothbrush and he is good to go. i love that about him. i am trying to convince dust that we should take jack and karen out to peter havens (my favorite restaurant here). he is unsure because it is so expensive, but it gets us a chance to go there, too. so we all win. and eating dinner out with them is sort of a trip. just tonight we heard a story about a man they called "Radar." get this the guy had some weird cartilaginous growth in his ear. i was laughing so hard. also he (radar, i think) married a woman that neither of them knew her real name. they just called her wrinkles because she was twenty years older than poor radar. so i was picturing things like trees with hearts carved in them that said "radar and wrinkles 2gether 4ever" and things like that. that just kept me rolling for so long. ol' radar and wrinkles. maybe that is what they should start calling dust and i. i got dibs on being radar. his skin is much stretchier than mine. rob and quinn are away until tomorrow at a wedding in north cakalaca ( north carolina for y'all not in the know). quinn's parents will be here sunday night and monday they are all going to look at potential vermont wedding locations. secretly, i hope they find it here. i like the idea of being married in vermont. why not start your life together (like they haven't been doing that since before they got engaged, but you know what i mean) where you hope to build your life together (like they have not been "building a life." i sound so stupid, but you all know what i mean). but if they chose delaware, we will make that work too. just takes more planning on our end. that is all. dust likes side projects. :) i am still working on getting pictures up. though i have had no comments in so long that i am sure it no longer matters because the one (hott mama) who is reading this sees me on monday nights and tuesday afternoons already. so she tells me the comments in person. and gamera just leaves self deprecating comments so that we feel bad that we can not play "Hard" drums. (only kidding hott paquettes, i am just trying to get other people to let me know they read this thing.) i think that is pretty much our vermont news. our roommate turned 21. that is exciting. my friend ryan was impressed i knew 21 year olds. i think he thinks i am old, but he is that old. he should be wrinkles. old fart. dustin can be radar. and i will be a princess. as it should be. wrinkles and radar, my two best friends. :) i will probably go blogging again on tuesday. gotta keep y'all up to snuff on my chem lessons. last week was a 90 and an 80. not so bad, and still averaging an a. big brain. looks like i may earn my grandpa that bet he has with my aunt trace (pronounced: ant trace). double or nothing. my grandpa lost last time for thinking i could earn a b or an a. huge mistake. huge. i snuck by with a 70. this time. he may not have to pay. woooohoo. that is pretty much it. i am off to make signs.
xoxo

2 comments:

Hott Mama said...

If only I had read this before we came over yesterday I would have happily made you pupusas. My friend Nohemy from El Salvador taught me. It reminds me that we haven't had them in a long time...

We'll have a pupusa party soon!

Crispin H. Glover said...

I just want to say thank you for the rocking party. As you well know, I would stay and play forever and you are both too kind to kick us out but I think we stopped before reaching maximum burnout. Also, no more self deprecating comments from me, I nailed Tom Sawyer on Hard and am now officially a fake drum set god.