Thursday, February 21, 2008

here comes the rain again...

man, i love annie lennox, but i hate when she plays the soundtrack to my life, you know. she is not notorious for the most uplifting music. claudia left yesterday. it rained yesterday, too. the first time in weeks (maybe just two, but that constitutes weeks, right). today was sunny, but more rain is on the way (both metaporically and weatherwise). we went to bed last night to dust not feeling so well. i hoped he could sleep it off, but mona had another agenda. one loud cry every 20 minutes does not help dustin get well. so little sleep was had. he woke up before 10 ready to face the world. not me. i had spent the whole night trying to shhush the cat. but he was up--so i was up. i made him a nest on the couch and let him read his book while i did my morning phone calls to schools and what not. i even applied to a few temp agencies in hopes of finding work. someone has to support my hasband's video game habit. then when he started making everyone we know as wii characters, i knew it was time to take a shower so i could also face the day. i checked the email to find that we can not live in kristina and vytas's house this summer because tom will still be there. this is not a bad thing. i am so glad someone is living there. that little trailer makes me so happy, i would be heart broken if someone happy weren't in it. so i am glad he is and will be there. i am just worried because i don't know where we will live when we get there. for the first time since we got here, we had to seriously talk about what would happen if he went back and i stayed here. i know 4 months is not that long to go without dust, but it also means i miss all of you, too. and with the ammount of time i spend with the big oaf, i've gotten used to just having him there. and 4 months without him reading my silly little mind and laughing at my jokes and foiling my plots to take over the universe--really, what am i to do? so i called home while i was at the laundrymat. after a quick lecture from my mom about how financially irresponsible keeping the wii is (and i know she is right, but...it is so fun), she and my dad both told me that not only is 4 months (in the grand scheme of things) not soooo long, but that we still have at least two months to find a way for this to work out. so keep your fingers crossed. i also just got an email from my potential teacher saying that my class (org chem I--starting april 1) may have to be postponed by three weeks. this would make it impossible for me to take the second class out here because it would start one week after the first--or three weeks later, and ideally we would be back in vermont. so i just don't know what is happening. i guess my vacation is over. i am looking for a job, and may need to start looking for an apartment for the summer. i just guess i am scared. i feel (for the first time in a long time--thankfully) that things are out of my control. you all know what a control freak i am secretly, so you know how this is hard for me. the good news is: i believe bad news happens in 3's. so i am done for a while. count 'em:
1. dust is sick.
2. we have no where to live for the summer.
3. my silly class is postponed or cancelled.
and looking at them that way, they seem pretty meager. so i know we will be ok. but i just needed to vent, and what better way than to blog. that is why these things are here. am i right?
on the flip side we go to my chiropractic college tomorrow night for an open house. i feel like a silly kid on the first day of school. i did laundry today so we would be clean. i am a little nervous, but i think it will be a boring/ good time. i think it might be good for dust to go with me, i want him to know and feel at home where i will be spending so much time, you know.
and i got to talk to both of my parents. that was fun. it seems like when i call, one of them is gone or something. so it was nice to get their perspective on the situation. my mom always says what needs to be said, and my dad makes me feel like everything will be ok. so it is a nice combo. i may not hear what i want to hear, but i know what is up and have a new outlook when all is said and done.
i printed out a resume. i really have to start looking for work. the vacation is over. sad, but it was nice while it lasted. keep your fingers crossed for us. we need all the luck we can get.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chin up my dear. On a brighter note, I will ask my sisters whether they would be willing to rent you guys a room at the house. It's three bedrooms, so it would just be you guys, Joce, and me together. My sister would probably be pumped for some extra rent money, I just have to make sure Joce is okay with a full house. Let's talk this weekend and figure it out.
xoxox

Hott Mama said...

I'm sorry things are so complicated for you right now. But you could be living in that terrible town in CT, so it could be worse. Look at the bright side. You got to have a vacation. Most people don't. You're still the princess, baby!

princess cortney said...

thank God i am not in connecticut. i talked to quinn today, and honestly, i don't think i would have survived a real new england winter. i'm tough, but not that tough! you guys get props for just keeping going.