Tuesday, April 15, 2008

one down nine to go

today was a day of doing. i realized that i had been living my life waiting for things to be over and done with. this is not usually like me. so this weekend marked me taking my life back and having fun. i am officially done with 90% of everything i set out to do here. the one exception is finishing organic chem 2. after quitting my job, i realized i had no more stress in my life. rent was paid, we have a place in vt, taxes are done, chem one is done and passed. why lose sleep? so i am done with all that. today, after my half day (i will give you that story in a minute), dust and i had a date. he was going to take me to the store where this shirt he had been talking about was for sale, and then we would go for lunch and delicious frogurt. i didn't eat breakfast so i would be ready to lunch. also i tried on a pair of my favorite pants and my butt was too big to fit in them any longer, but still happy, i changed into jeans and went to work.
monday's i get off at 2pm. bonus. dust and i went to telegraph, an area i usually try to avoid. but that is where the shirt was and the frozen yogurt is there, too. so we go. i bought him the shirt (a hoodie). and it looks good on him, too. but i figured he needed a treat. if for nothing else than just putting up with me the last few weeks. i must have been little fun, always trying to get things done....boring.
so we also ate ate at this salad place (pretty yummy--and cheap!) then off for the best frozen yogurt in the area. blueberry flavored with chocolate chips. what could be better.?!
at work, i spent the first hour and a half having no one but customers talk to me. finally, i spoke to the manager. one point for la foot and zero points for me. i asked if he had seen the news story about the man who buried the red sox jersey (go ortiz) in the new yankee's stadium. he laughed and everything was ok. finally, i had to tell him that quitting the job was hard for me, too. and get this he offered me and dust his futon in his living room just to get me to stay. part of me is flattered, but the other part just feels sorry for them. stuck with boring people to work with. needless to say, it made for a long four hour shift.
all is good, though, because even la foot is temporary. and dust looks so cute in his new sweatshirt. we got to sit in window and eat salads and laugh.
i even managed to start part two of my class today. i have a new teacher (though the class is still on line), but this one seems more promising. the teacher is more thorough (so far) and the last half of the class is on biological parts of organic chemistry. so even i may get through this.

1 comment:

Crispin H. Glover said...

Is the full name of the class Organic Chemistry 2: Electric Boogaloo?